Saturday, November 24, 2007

Getting to know...ME!

I've been working on my art journal--though I'm waiting for my copy of my 5 year old pic to be done. In the mean time, I've noticed that I've become one of those people that hate pictures of themselves. I don't want to be that. So I've taken snapshots of myself here and there--self-portraits. And I'm going to keep up this practice until I feel okay with ME. How I look, how I sound, everything. I'm the one who knows me best. I want to love me best as well. Once your cup is full, it's easier to flow the love over to others.

Here's the serious ones--very serious:






And here's VERY happy--after playing in Compte (something like that?) Crayons in Photoshop. Hopefully it looks better enlarged when you click it. =)

Hmmm....still weird to see my own face. My face is much rounder than I thought, and my nose is pointier. I like playing with it in photoshop, though. That's fun!

1 comment:

Mrs. Egg said...

i like it, they are fun. i did the same thing the other day. isn't fun, i was doing it to see how my hair looked. i think a camera tells the real truth. i think the mirror lies or we see what we want to see. but i think you are a beautiful person and a beautiful sister. thanks for inspiring me.
je