Saturday, December 08, 2007

A Perfect Day

Today has been a thoroughly lovely day and I wish to give thanks for it. Right now, I've got my laptop...on my lap...and I'm sitting by a fire in our wood burning stove--a recent manifestation--THANK YOU!

Randy and I just watched August Rush, and it was every bit as wonderful as I'd imagined. I've already downloaded my favorites from iTunes--I love music, and I especially love the definition of music in this movie. A harmonic connection between all living beings. In some ways, I think it is the language of God, and when others express what they hear, we sense it within us. Even if we aren't musical, we feel it--we recognize that language and it moves us. We can't help but hear its message.

We made it up the hills just fine--any one who lives around here knows what a huge blessing that is--and with a foot of snow, to boot!

I like to watch the fire. It has a life of its own. Plus, it's been great for all the junk mail we get, and whatever other cardboard or garbage we are used to dumping in the trash.

We got groceries, so we are set, even if we do get snowed in. The snow is so beautiful. There is a man who hops on his four-wheeler and plows the streets in our neighborhood. I think the city plows have a hard time finding us, so we love this kind neighbor. It reminds me of my dad. That's what he used to do when we lived in Idaho Falls--he was that kind neighbor.

I am so grateful for my life, my loved ones, and for all the new wonderful people who will cross paths with mine.








No comments: