Sunday, May 18, 2008

Baby Michael

So, as my dear friend Marie pointed out, my blog was getting a little behind... Yes, I have been sculpting and painting--and having a great time playing with my art supplies. It reminds me of something Wallace Wattles said in the Science of Getting Rich--that those who appreciate art will always have money for art supplies--and so forth--that when we love something, the Universe always supplies it. That's been very true for me. I'm never wanting for art supplies. I make good use of them, too. My latest sculpt is a baby. Randy says he likes the way I make babies these days (as we have 5 children and decided that is enough--though I love them dearly--these babies are easier to...deliver!)

Anyway, I was at a store a while back and saw these cute little fuzzy bears and thought, That would be really fun to turn into a baby. So this week, I did--and he turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself.

First, I dismantled a teddy bear (sorry, teddy) and then made an armature so the baby would be posable. I also wrapped it with stuffy, so it would be soft, and adding pellets and paddy all around.




And here he is. I stuck my hand in there so you can get an idea of the size of this little guy. I love his sweet locks of hair!



Hmmm...he's still cuter in real life. One day I'll get a camera that does him justice.

So that was fun. Off to post more blog entries....

No comments: