Saturday, July 29, 2006

Even healthier Caramel and Fudge Pie






Decided if the avacado can hide so well, what else can?




Crust:

about 1 cup almonds
3-4 soaked dates (small)
1 T coconut oil

Vitamix it, and press into pan. Freeze while preparing the rest.

Fudge Filling:

1 to 1 1/2 c. soaked cashews
1/2 tsp salt, or less
1 tsp. vanilla
1 T cacao nibs (optional)
1/4 c carob
2 T cocoa
1 avacado
2-3 big handfuls spring mix greens (Yes, lettuce!)
7-8 dates, soaked. I was out of agave. =)
1/4 c. coconut oil, or more if it doesn't seem creamy enough.
1 T maple syrup

Vitamix it.

Caramel topping:

1 cup soaked cashews (I may need more)
1 - 2 T maple syrup
a little salt

Note:
I made the crust, left the vitamix unrinsed, then made the fudge. Now I'm going to make a yummy chocolate drink with the remains. Oh, and I'm not putting the caramel on yet, so the first layer can harden more.

No comments: