Sunday, July 15, 2007

My Foray into Colored Pencil

I was at a friend’s house a while back and noticed a drawing she’d done in colored pencil. “You can do colored pencil?” I asked in amazement–colored pencil always seemed so mysterious to me. She told me it was easy. I’ve been wanting to try it ever since. So, the other night, with my trusty 40% off coupon, I picked up a set of 48 for under $40. I LOVE THEM!!

prismacolor pencils

Aren’t they just so pretty? I stayed up and watched Smallville with the husband and sharpened the whole set. My 5 year old was very impressed with that– “You sharpened ALL of them?” He’s just stared kindergarten and entered the tedious world of pencil sharpening. “Yup, all by hand, too.” He was very impressed. Now, off to the library for more books so I know what the heck to do with these pretty pencils.

No comments: